Tuesday 11 September 2012

THANK YOU JUSTIN!!! That's What Collecting's All About!

After the summer olympics, my younger sister was hooked on gymnastics and the gymnasts that competed for team USA. (And we live in Canada... strange, huh? Maybe she was watching too much NBC. (; ) But anyways, her favourites were Aly Raisman, Jordyn Wieber, McKayla Maroney and Gabby Douglas. So I went out on a card search for her. What she specifically wanted were Raisman and Wieber cards. So I went on ebay, and found horrifically high prices. I wanted to get her a relic card (piece of leotard) but the prices were crazy. So I went looking on the web for some I could trade for. Sure enough, I found a blog of an awesome guy, Justin. Here's the link to his blog, Justin's World. So I sent him an email asking if his base card of Aly Raisman was for trade, as he pulled 2 in his olympic blasters. Sure enough, a few days later, he emailed me saying he had no problem just sending it to her, instead of having to work out a trade, and asked for my address. Now I didn't really feel comfortable with him having to pay for stamps and send them to me, so I offered to at least pay for stamps and try to send some cards his way. But he sent me back an email saying as long as my sister would be happy, he was happy to send them. And, he offered my sister a Nastia Liukin card, too! My sister was really happy (even though she didn't really know who Nastia was because she didn't see her perform in 2008) and I offered again to at least send some stamps to him. He, once again, said it was no problem. He even told me he would keep them until the storm near is area was over so he could make sure my sister got them.

Today, my sister got a surge of joy when she got home, to see this waiting for her.



Awesome! She still IS excited!

So this brings me to this: This is what I think collecting's all about! A collector welcoming another collector into the world! I think my sister will continue collecting, and when she has over 1000+ cards like me she'll look back onto these as what had started it, and who started it.

So thank you Justin... this act of kindness will not be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment